How to Master Reset Your Android Device
Is your Android Smartphone slow, freezing, not responsive, responding incorrectly, or you can’t remember the phones password? You’re in luck! There is still a pretty powerful option available, and that is to perform a hard reset, also known as an alternate reset, on the device. Here's How to Master Reset Your Android DeviceHow to Master Reset Your Android Device
If safe mode doesn’t help fix your device, you can perform a hard reset by booting into a special recovery mode. First, ensure your device is fully shut down.
- Press and hold the correct keys to boot the device into recovery mode. This will vary from device to device. Here are some examples:
- Nexus 7: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Volume Up + Home + Power
- Motorola Droid X: Home + Power
- Devices With Camera Buttons: Volume Up + Camera
- Similar devices will likely use similar key combinations. For example, the Nexus 4 also uses Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
- If your device isn’t on this list and none of the above methods work, do a Google search for the name of your device and “recovery mode” – or look in the device’s manual or support pages.
- Release the buttons when the device powered on. You’ll see an image of an Android lying on its back with its chest open and its internals revealed.
- Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll through the options until you see Recovery mode on the screen.
- Press the Power button to restart into recovery mode. You’ll soon see an Android with a red triangle.
- Hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up. You’ll see the Android system recovery menu appear at the top of your screen.
- Select wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button to activate it.
- Select Yes – erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap Power. Your device will be reset to its factory state and all your data will be erased.
- If your device freezes at any point, hold down the Power button until it restarts.
Hope this article on How to Master Reset Your Android Device has helped you. Please Comment to us about what you would like to hear from us. Please Like and Share the article to help us grow.