Google Analytics is a FREE online tool which helps website owners to understand it’s users (traffic). With Google Analytics you can easily understand from where users are coming, in which part of website they are coming, how much time they stay on your website, from which part of world they belong etc.
Their are over 1000 such benefits which Google Analytics provide website owners. But before we proceed, let us understand
why Google Analytics is essential for the website and what are it’s benefits.
Following are the List some of the benefits of using Google Analytics:
Your Website Audience
It would guide you, where your audience are coming from. What are they interested into, what is their geography. How they behave on your website, what is the users flow etc.
You can actually see everything about your traffic.
How Traffic comes
What is the keyword that they use in search engines before they land to your website. You can understand about Organic search and traffic referrals. It would help you to optimise your website according to S.E.O.
If you are running any Campaign, you can see the results here, also it would guide you what amount of traffic you are generating through any Social Media Platforms as well.
Which part of your website is being visit by the traffic you get, so that you can actually start working on those areas. What is the speed of your website (Page Loading time) etc. is being covered easily. Good Content is liked by visitors of your website, so we also need to understand that we should always write good content over website and further could check the visitors response through Google Analytics.
Hope, now you are clear, why Google Analytics is useful for any website owner. Below I would guide you how to set-up Google Analytics easily and step by step guide:
Follow the instructions: Setting up Google Analytics – Beginners Step by Step Guide
- Sign in with your Gmail Account.
- Click on Google Analytics
- It would ask you to write email ID and Password. (Use your existing Gmail ID and Password)
- Click on Website.
- Write Account Name (It could be just your website name). For example: Need Tricks
- Write website name, it could be just the same.
- Write Website URL
- Select Correct Industry Category, into which your website falls.
- Choose your reporting time, according to your Geography / Location.
- Further when you scroll down the page, you can tick / untick, things which suits you.
- Further click on Get Tracking ID.
- Google Analytics Terms of Service agreement would appear
- Click on I Accept
- Further a new screen would appear
- Under Website tracking, there is a script code.
- Copy All the script and paste it into your header code of your website.
- Now Click on Home
- Now Click on All web Site Data.
Congratulations, if you have done everything exactly as mentioned here, you must be able to start tracking your visitors.
Hope this article was helpful for you and if you really liked it, looking forward for your valuable feedback and comments and please do share this to others as well, so that they could also be benefited from it.