Technologyy is a wonderful thing. It has been something that has been discovered and invented everyday. I aways wonder what can be called as the start of technology, its hard to decide because it's touch with every field, but how much do you know about technology and its past? Here are 16 Things You Dint Know About Technology.
Technology being so wonderful, we always take it for granted. We snap pictures, do we know who gave a start to it? same is with SMS, Smartphones, Domains, Broadbands and many other things. So I thought lets tell you.
16 Things You Dint Know About Technology
- In 1910, Nathaniel Baldwin invented headphones in the kitchen of his Utah home.
- Text Messaging, or SMS, was developed in the Franco-German GSM cooperation in 1984 by Friedhelm Hillebrand and Bernard Ghillebaert.
- JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group, the professional group that developed the JPEG standard.
- Theodore George Paraskevakos patented the basic smartphone concept in 1974
- TCP/IP which allows computers to connect to one another and for applications to send data back and forth — was originally developed by Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn, while under contract at the U.S. Department of Defense.
- The IBM Simon was the first phone with a touchscreen, released in 1992. It’s referred to as the first “smartphone.”
- QWERTY Keyboards were designed by Christopher Sholes, who invented the typewriter in 1868.
- Emoticons were reportedly first used on September 19, 1982, by Scott Fahlman, a computer scientist at Carnegie Mellon University. He created a happy face and a sad face with a colon, a hyphen and parentheses.
- Steve Wilhite of Compuserve debuted the GIFs in June 1987.
- The first GPS satellite was launched in 1978, and the full constellation of 24 became operational in 1995.
- Broadband is defined by various standards as being capable of transmitting data at 1.5 or 2 Megabits (Mbits) per second — this type of speed is necessary for streaming high definition video, playing online games and sending and receiving large amounts of data.
- In 2009, Satoshi Nakamoto released the first Bitcoin client and issued the first Bitcoins.
- Designer Jonathan Gay's 1996 product, FutureSplash Animator, later became Adobe Flash, currently a platform that supports the next generation of interactive web tools, including HTML5.
- The first and oldest registered domain name on the internet is symbolics.com. It’s still live and exists largely as a historic site.
- There are more than 275 million registered domain names.
Hope you this list was helpful to you, Please Like, Share and Comment on the post to keep us posting.