Keeping your car rust-free prevents serious damage and maintains the look and value of your car. Here are 5 detailed steps and tricks for preventing rust on your car. This blog gives knowledge about How To Keep Your Car Rust Free. Car, Now a days it becomes a symbol of reputation in our society.
And of course the Love of our Life. So it is very much important to keep our car Rust Free.
Here are few basic steps which helps in keeping our car rust free.
Step 1: General Maintenance
- Wash your car every two weeks; once a week if it is wet with salt on the roads.
- Wax your car once every four months.
- Keep the inside clean as well, being sure to clean up after any spills which can start rust from the inside.
Learn More:Tricks that every Car owner should know
Step 2: Rust Coating
- If you are in a very salty climate or are already fending off rust problems, you may want to consider coating your car with a rust-preventing spray.
- Key is to keep metal surfaces dry- whether you wipe them off after use, or protect them with paint, lacquer, lubricant or wax.
- If you are going to spray your car with anything flammable. make sure the engine is cold and give it some time for the vapors to clear up before you fire it up again. Try to avoid spraying on your exhaust or mufflers so they don't get to smelly when hot.
Step 3: The Extra Steps
- Before any long periods on inactivity, wash and spray down a rust-preventing spray.
- Drive further behind other vehicles to prevent knicks from pebbles they kick up.
- Cover your car with a car cover whenever possible.
Step 4: Inspect Regularly!
- Examine your car for rust often. External painted parts will show rust when the paint bubbles or blisters up. On other metal parts, just look for the beginnings of rust.
- There are 3 areas to look for rust: the engine and trunk, the undercarriage of the car and the external painted parts.
Step 5: The Worst Case Scenario- If You Do Get Rust Anyhow
- Fix small problems in the paintwork quickly.
- If you have existing rust on the underside of your car, you will need to remove it. There are sprays that do this.
- Treat any rust that pops up immediately and aggressively.
I hope this Blog will make your cars life longer by letting you know How To Keep Your Car Rust Free. Hope this article will provide some knowledge to you to protect your car from rust .For updates please subscribe share and comment.