Here are 15 Things You Should Know About iOS 10.3.1 on your device right now but there are also some reasons why you might be better off waiting a few days before installing iOS 10.3.1 on your phone, tablet or iPod. At this point, you might even consider taking a permanent rain check.
Apple has rolled out a new OTA update for all iOS 10.3.1 user, the latest patch isn't a substantial one like iOS 10.3 which introduced important new features. Instead, the patch note simply states that “iOS 10.3.1 includes bug fixes and improves the security of your iPhone or iPad.”
15 Things You Should Know About iOS 10.3
- New Find My AirPods service
- Wi-Fi Calling on iCloud devices
- The ability for app developers to respond to reviews
- A new Podcasts app widget
- Smoother app animations
- A new Apple ID settings menu
- A new iCloud section
- Maps app 3D Touch Quick Action feature that shows the weather forecast for your current location.
- iOS 10.3 was released, Apple had to pull it from the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c
- Apple has already started phasing out 32-bit support in the iOS 10.3.2 beta that was released last week.
- iOS 10.3.1 contains a fix for a Wi-Fi flaw
- Over 600MB for the iPhone 7
- Download/installation took upwards of 20 minutes
- Improvements to the iPhone 5’s boot speed and its UI.
- iOS 10.3.1 includes bug fixes and improves the security of your iPhone or iPad.
If you skipped the iOS 10.2.1 update and/or the iOS 10.2 update, know that iOS 10.3.1 brings their security patches with it as well. Again, the iOS 10.2.1 update had 14 important patches on board.
10.3.1 is available as a free OTA update for anyone on iOS10, while you can also download it by connecting your device to iTunes. It weighs in at less than 30MB, so a Wi-Fi connection isn't really all that necessary.
Hope This Post has made you aware on 15 Things You Should Know About iOS 10.3.
Please Like and Share this Post for keeping us posting. Tell us more about what we missed in the comments.