Most of us, wish our computer to be secured and always try our level best not to plug and play any devices into our system, specially pen drives, which can actually contain viruses.
Here s the simple step, when you could actually control your Computer or Laptop USB ports.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Click on Start.
- Click on Run. If you cannot find RUN, type it in the search box.
- Type "regedit" without quotes. This will launch the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbstor.
- In the work area, double click on Start.
- In the Value Data box, enter 4.
- Click on OK.
- Close Registry Editor and refresh your desktop.
- To re-enable access to your USB ports, enter 3 in the Value Data box in Step 6.
Kindly do share, Like or comment if this really works for you.