How to Disable Autocorrect on an iPhone/iPod Touch
Nothing is more annoying than your iPhone changing your words to something bizarre, or inappropriate. Luckily, you can turn off autocorrect on your iPhone by following these simple steps. You can also turn it back on if you want the same way.
1. Ensure that your iPhone or iPod Touch is on the home screen. The autocorrect toggle switch is located within the device's settings, which can be accessed through the settings icon on the home screen.
2. Tap the "Settings" icon. By default, this icon is located in the bottom left corner of the home screen.
3. Look for the "General" tab within the settings pane, and tap it. This is normally found in the middle of the settings screen.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the general settings screen. Find the word "Keyboard", and tap this option.
5. Find the option that says "Auto-Correction". This setting is generally the first feature found on the Keyboard settings screen.
6. Disable autocorrect by tapping your finger where the auto-correct feature says ON. The gray rectangle should move to the left and the word OFF should appear.