Well most of the times some application hack your account and post unwanted stuffs on your Facebook and your's friend's Facebook wall. It is kind of embarrassing at times, if your friend see you posting negative images, or wrong information on your or others wall.
Most of the time, we just wanted to read an article or see some stuff. The application says to click the app or to share it to see it, or even to watch the video share it. But beware it could be a phishing attempt and your Facebook account could be compromised.
Just make your account hack proof by following these steps:
- Whenever you want to play any game on Facebook, or try to access any App on Facebook, it would ask for permission.
- First Click on the "Edit the info you provide" and see what all information and access it is taking from you. You can check or un-check, things which you don't want to provide. Just uncheck the box where it is saying that it want to publish things on your behalf. And you are safe to play or use the App.
- Now, make this a habit to use any App and change the publish settings from "Public" to "only me". When you put the settings from "Public" to "Only Me", even App publish anything on your wall or anywhere, it would only be visible by you and no one else.
- Finally, make this a habit to to check your activity log regularly. Activity Log would guide you what all activities are you doing on Facebook. Be it liking someone picture, tagging, posting, sharing or anything else.
- To See this, go to your Timeline ( Click on your name on the top of the Facebook page)
- Now Click on "View Activity Log"
- If you see the image above. It shows the user activity. Globe sign means, the post is public so everyone could see it. Two small Men icon means, it is just for friends. Just click on the Pencil icon on right hand side of each post to set the Visibility, you can choose it to be visible to friends, family, or only me.
- If you see any activity, which is not recognized, immediately block that App or person, who has done it on your behalf.
Rest Don't save your passwords on browsers, frequently change it.
Hope this helps, if you have any query or feedback/ suggestions related to this. Please post it on the comment box below, we would be happy to assist.