Sony is making around 50 Accessibility Tags available to users across six categories on all PlayStation 5 consoles globally.
In this blog we’ll talk about the Sony introduces Accessibility Tags for PlayStation 5 consoles.
Sony is rolling out Accessibility Tags to all PS5 consoles :
Sony has started rolling out a new feature dubbed as Accessibility Tags on its Playstation5 gaming console in markets around the globe. Accessibility Tags will be available for download for both PS5 and PS4 games on PlayStation Store on the PlayStation 5 consoles.
For players, Accessibility Tags will bring the ability to easily see if the game that they want to play features the accessibility options that they are looking for. On the other hand, for developers, Accessibility Tags will provide detailed insights on accessibility features supported in their games. Users will see a list of accessibility features by pressing the “Triangle” button if the game that they selected supports Accessibility Tags.
Together with the wide array of accessibility settings within the PS5 console UI, Accessibility Tags will empower you to personalize your PS5 gaming experience to your individual gameplay needs. They’re the latest step in our journey to make gaming more accessible, alongside inclusively-designed games from PlayStation Studios and upcoming products like Project Leonardo,” Hideaki Nishino, SIE’s Senior Vice President for Platform Experience wrote in a blog post.
PS5 update: Type of Accessibility Tags
Sony says that 50 Accessibility Tags across six categories will be available for game developers to choose from. These categories are:
- Visual accessibility: It will include features such as clear text, large text, color alternatives, audio cues and directional audio indicators.
- Audio accessibility: It will include features such as volume controls, mono audio, screen reader and visual cue alternatives.
- Subtitle and caption options: These will include subtitle size, clear captions, and large captions.
- Control options: These will include button remapping, thumbstick sensitivity, and ability to play without button holds, rapid button presses or motion control.
- Gameplay options: These will include features such as difficulty settings, skippable puzzles, simplified quick time events, and game speed.
- Online communication options: These will include text or voice chat transcription and ping communication.
PS5 update: Accessibility Tags availability
Talking about availability, Accessibility Tags on PlayStation Store for PS5 will gradually release for players this week. They will be available for developers in the coming weeks and months.
At the time of launch, Accessibility Tags will be available for games such as Days Gone, Death Stranding Director’s Cut, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, God of War, God of War Ragnarök, Gran Turismo 7, Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and Returnal.
Sony’s introduction of Accessibility Tags for PlayStation 5 consoles is a commendable move that highlights the company’s commitment to making gaming more inclusive for people with disabilities. The Accessibility Tags feature provides a clear and concise way for gamers to understand which games have certain accessibility features, such as options for color blindness, deaf or hard of hearing support, and remappable controls, among others. This will make it easier for people with disabilities to identify which games will be accessible for them to play and enjoy.
The Accessibility Tags feature is a step in the right direction towards improving accessibility in the gaming industry, and it sets a positive precedent for other gaming companies to follow. Overall, this move by Sony is a significant and positive step towards creating a more inclusive gaming community for all players.