WhatsApp Web Guide on How to make WhatsApp voice and video calls on Desktop
|4||How to make call on WhatsApp from Desktop|
|5||How to receive call on WhatsApp from Desktop|
WhatsApp video and voice calling on the Web and desktop app is being rolled out. With this new feature you can now voice call or video call or recieve call from desktop on WhatsApp. Though the feature is still limited to the dedicated app for Windows and iOS, it brings convenience and ease to users.
The feature is currently available on WhatsApp Web and only works with the app for Windows and macOS. The feature is currently limited to individual calls. Group calling isn’t supported at the moment.
WhatsApp introduced voice and video calling to app users back in 2015 and 2016 respectively. The feature allows users to place calls to their contacts who are also on the social messaging app using mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. It doesn’t require an active recharge on the number, just having a stable internet connection is enough.
About WhatsApp: (How to make WhatsApp voice and video calls on Desktop)
WhatsApp Messenger, or simply WhatsApp, is an American freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP (VoIP) service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media. WhatsApp’s client application runs on mobile devices but is also accessible from desktop computers, as long as the user’s mobile device remains connected to the Internet while they use the desktop app. The service requires users to provide a standard cellular mobile number for registering with the service.
* Desktop with Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or macOS 10.13 or newer Version
* Audio output device and microphone for voice and video calls ..
* Camera for video calls
* Active internet connection on your computer and phone
How to make voice and video calls using WhatsApp on desktop
You will also need to grant WhatsApp permission to access your computer’s microphone and camera.
Follow these Steps:
First of all you will need to download and install the latest version of WhatsApp based on your operating system.
Open the app on your desktop and configure it by scanning the QR code using WhatsApp on your smartphone.
Once done, head to any chat window, here you will find the voice and video call icon at the top right corner
To make voice call, hit the voice call button and to make ideo call, click on the video call button
With the above guide you will be able to make call from your desk top. In the following guide you help you to recieve WhatsApp voice and video call on desktop.
Guide to receive WhatsApp voice and video call on desktop:
Whenever a call comes through WhatsApp, a popup window will appear on the desktop. To accept a call, click on the receive button and to decline, click on the disconnect button.
|Also Read:||Guide to Download WhatsApp Status|
Trouble Shoot: (How to make WhatsApp voice and video calls on Desktop)
If you cant Use use desktop calling:
If you’re having trouble making or receiving desktop calls:
* Ensure your computer and phone are connected to the internet and you have a strong internet connection.
* Update WhatsApp to the latest version available.
* Ensure that your device supports desktop calling. Desktop calling is available on Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and newer and macOS 10.13 and newer.
* Make sure you have a microphone, camera, and speakers.
* Troubleshoot your microphone and speakers through your computer’s sound settings.
* Use a headset for the best audio. Using a separate external microphone and speaker devices might cause echo.
* Make sure your camera is available.
* Ensure you’ve granted permission for WhatsApp to access your microphone and camera.
* Group calls aren’t supported on WhatsApp Desktop at this time.
* Virtual audio and video devices aren’t supported.