Well, this could be the coolest trick you need to know. Generally if in case you wish to have disk partition, you format your hard disk and are dependent upon either a tech guy or atleast windows CD, but not any more. You just
need to follow the below mentioned steps and you could very easily can do disk partition in windows 7.
Just follow the steps:
- Press Windows icon + R (Windows + R)
- In dialog box just type compmgmt.msc and press ok.
- Click on Disk Management under Storage at the left side of the page.
- In the middle of the page, choose a drive which you need to divide (do partition)
- On the chosen drive, just press the right click and further click on Shrink Volume…
- It would ask for how much space you wish to shrink. (It would ask in MB, do remember 1 GB = 1024 MB)
- Choose the MB and press enter.
- New Partitioned device would be there, in the same panel.
- Click on it, Name the drive and finally press enter.
- See your MY Computer Disk, new drive would be there.
If you really like this trick, do comment and share this to your known one's.