Google Meet has become an essential tool for remote communication and collaboration, especially during the pandemic. And now, the platform has introduced a new feature that allows users to pause video streams of individual tiles.
In this blog, we will discuss how this new feature works and how it can enhance your video conferencing experience.
Take Control of Your Google Meet Calls with Pause Video Feature
- Firstly, let’s understand what this new feature is all about. With the latest update, Google Meet now allows you to pause video streams of individual tiles. This means that if you’re in a video call with multiple participants, you can choose to pause the video stream of a particular person while keeping the audio on. This feature can be useful in various scenarios.
- For instance, if someone is experiencing connectivity issues and their video is lagging or pixelated, you can choose to pause their video stream to improve the overall call quality. Additionally, if someone is distracted or doing something off-camera, you can pause their video stream to avoid any potential disruption.
- To use this feature, simply hover over the tile of the participant whose video stream you want to pause. You’ll notice a small pause icon in the bottom left corner of the tile. Click on the icon, and the video stream will be paused. To resume the video stream, click on the same icon again.
- It’s worth noting that when you pause someone’s video stream, they will still be able to hear you and see your video stream. Similarly, when someone pauses your video stream, you’ll still be able to hear them and see their video stream. This feature only affects the video stream of the participant whose tile you’ve paused.
- Overall, this new feature can enhance your video conferencing experience by giving you more control over the call’s visual aspects. It can also help improve the overall call quality by allowing you to minimize disruptions caused by connectivity issues or distractions.
Google Meet’s new feature that allows you to pause video streams of individual tiles is a welcome addition to the platform. It’s a small but impactful feature that can improve the overall video conferencing experience. So, the next time you’re in a Google Meet call, don’t hesitate to use this feature if the need arises.