That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see iPhone, where it shouldn’t be – submerged in water – is certainly unpleasant experience. In this blog will tell you How to prevent water damage of iphone. In this blog we would guide you in detail what all measures you can take in order To Prevent Water Damage Of iPhone.
Dropping an advanced piece of technology such as the iPhone in water should be treated as an emergency. There is a set procedure following such an incident which can help you prevent further water damage to the iPhone. Timing is important and if you are lucky, you may even escape unhurt. This guide provides a set of “first-aid” steps which are known to avoid water from crippling the iPhone.
In case you drop the iPhone in water – turn it off immediately
- Get the iPhone out of water as soon as possible and switch off the iPhone by pressing the top Sleep/Wake button for 5 seconds until you see the following screen, then slide to power off. Of course if the iPhone is already turned off don’t turn it on.
- Turning off the iPhone as swiftly as possible is the single most important step to prevent water damage. Keeping it off for good couple of days after the incident is as crucial.
- It is not water which damages the iPhone but the short-circuits which can be produced by the electricity running in the iPhone’s circuit board.
- Dry off the iPhone with a towel or a piece of fabric. DO NOT use a hair-dryer, nor place the iPhone in an oven.
- Take out as much air as possible from the bag and zip it up.
- Let the iPhone remain in rice for at least 24 hours (preferably 48 hours) after which the device should have completely dried up.
iphone and water damage
- All iPhones feature a Liquid Contact Indicator (LCI) which is activated in case water got in contact with the circuit board and damaged the phone. If the iPhone was damaged by water, the indicator will glow bright red.
- Once you take out the iPhone from the rice, be sure to check whether the indicator glows red. If you are lucky and there is no water damage, you should see the indicator’s regular color which is white or silver.
Hope this blog helps in enhancing your knowledge about How To Prevent Water Damage Of iPhone. For updates please Subscribe share and comment.