How To Get More Job Opportunities on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the most popular social media platform for professionals, but it is also a great place for job seekers. The platform has over 400 million users worldwide and 133 million users from the U.S alone, making it one of the biggest professional networks in the world.
According to a Jobvite recruiter Nation survey, 82 percent of recruiters use LinkedIn as a part of their search engine for candidates.
It’s not as easy as just creating an account and starting applying for jobs on LinkedIn though. To get a job via LinkedIn you need to understand how it works and follow some tips and tricks that can help you find the best job possible on LinkedIn.
Most users on LinkedIn know that they can find jobs on LinkedIn, but most of them don’t know how to do it correctly. They often just log in to it and start applying for jobs without even optimizing their profile.
How To Get More Job Opportunities on LinkedIn
Keep your profile up to date.
- If you are looking for a new job, your profile must be up to date.
- The first thing recruiters will check when they look at your profile is whether it is updated or not.
- If it isn’t updated then they might think that you are not interested in the position or company they have posted on LinkedIn.
Be compressive about your current skills and objectives.
- This is very important because most recruiters do not have time to read long descriptions of all the things you have done in life
- so make sure that you keep it short and sweet.
- Try to write about only 3-4 points of your skills and objectives, but don’t forget to add some keywords related to what you are looking for to attract recruiters’ attention.
- This also helps viewers understand what kind of job you want at first glance as well
- as what type of person you are based on what you tell them about yourself in the summary section.
- LinkedIn has a lot of advanced search options that will help you narrow down your search results quickly without having to scroll through pages of irrelevant jobs.
- Sometimes try including hashtags in your search.
- For example, try #hiring or #yourjobrole to get the best job post available.
Let people know you’re available:
- Update your profile regularly with what you’re looking for in a job (salary range, location), skills you have, etc.,
- so when employers come across your profile they’ll know what you’re looking for and what you are available for, and if their company needs someone like you.
Research the company you’re interested in and follow them:
- It’s important to research the company before applying for any position there because it can help increase your chances of getting hired.
- You should also consider following companies that interest you so that when they post new jobs on LinkedIn you know that there is a vacancy and you can be the next recruit.
Join groups and communities related to your niche :
- Groups and communities are a great way to connect with people in your industry and learn from their experiences.
- You can find groups on LinkedIn by searching for keywords related to your interests
- or joining a group you already belong to through your university or former employers.
- Joining these networks can also help you form relationships with potential employers,
- who may be looking for candidates in the same field as you.
Make yourself accessible
- If you’re looking for a job, but have no idea where to start, it’s time to make yourself more accessible.
- This includes updating your profile, making sure your resume is up-to-date,
- adding recommendations from past employers, and updating your education details if necessary (don’t forget recommendations!).
- Also, don’t forget about LinkedIn Premium.
- it allows users to send InMails (e-mails) directly to recruiters who have posted jobs of interest on LinkedIn’s platform.
Always keep job alert on
- Job alerts are an excellent way to find new opportunities
- that match your criteria without spending hours every day looking through each posting individually.