Well I have personally tried this trick and this has worked for almost 40% correct. As everyone is getting aware of cyber security and tough to do these things.
Now you are sitting on a restaurant or cafe or anyplace, where you are accessing public wifi, or you are connected to the network some how, you might like to change the password of wifi and take entire speed on just your device.
This actually is not legal thing to do, and by this blog I do not wish to encourage such things. This blog is only focused on educating about such things, so that everyone could be aware of such things.
Simply follow the below mentioned steps, while you are connected to public wifi:
- Turn off your Internet connection and disconnect to any other wifi you are connected to.
- Open the web browser and type 192.168.1.1
- Press ENTER
- It would ask for user ID and Password, put User ID as admin and Password as admin
- Press ENTER
- If it says User ID and Password are incorrect, then forget it , the wifi you are connected to is secure
- If you have entered a page, Search for WiFi IP button or WiFi settings button / Tab
- You can easily change the WiFi password and then log out from the device (Please make sure to note the Pass word before deleting)
- Now try connecting to that network and enter the changed password (Which you have done in Step 8)
- Now you are connected, and yes perhaps the only person connected to the entire WiFi. Just imagine the Speed 😉
Try it, I am sure, one time or another for sure you can have access to FREE WiFi. If any time you succeeded please do comment and share the good word to the world.