Instagram has fast become the go-to site for sharing photographs online. Instagram was designed to be mobile-only, But now you can use this from PC also by functional changes.
Simple steps to use Instagram
- Step 1: Open Instagram
- Step 2: Click on Tap ＋
- Step 3: Select a photo or video and tap Next, or take a photo or video.
- Step 4: Add a filter.
- Step 5: Tap Next
- Step 6: Add a description.
- Step 7: Tap Share
Instagram contests require minimal effort from participants, which is one reason they’re so popular. Here we discussing some tips that can help to Improve you followers and likes on your Instagram post.
How To Increase Our Followers and Likes On Our Instagram
- Use your photo captions to ask questions: One of the best ways to get more likes on your Instagram photos is to use your photo’s caption to ask a question. This is a great way to drive not only photo likes, but comments, too.
- Host a contest on Instagram: Hosting a contest is often the most effective way to boost engagement and get new followers fast on any social network. Since Instagram has grown in popularity, it makes it one of the best social platforms to run a contest.
- Share teasers: For product-based businesses, upload photos to Instagram that feature teasers of a soon-to-be-released product or an exciting event that’s around the corner. Teaser photos are great for catching users’ interest and for driving photo likes! Check out a great example of an Instagram teaser photo from the California-based clothing company The Hundreds.
- Post at the right time. Before you post your photo to Instagram, there are two things to keep in mind: your audience’s time zone and what time they’re most often checking Instagram. Most Instagram users login in the morning, and in the evening, on their way home from work or school. According to analytics company Simply Measured, the best time to post on Instagram is on Wednesdays between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
- For brands, the least favorable time to post is in the middle of the night because an Instagram photo typically has a life of only around 4 hours before it gets buried in followers’ feeds.
- Post at times throughout the day that you can assume your audience has down time and is checking their accounts.
- Use popular hashtags. Depending on the industry you’re in, there are popular Instagram hashtags that can be used to get more visibility on your photos. The best way to discover popular hashtags for your industry is to use Google, of course! A simple Google search will tell you all you need to know.
- Some of the most trendy Instagram hashtags you’ll find include: #tbt (throwback Thursday), #instadaily, #photooftheday, #instagood.
- Share candid shots: Think of your brand’s Instagram account as your followers’ backstage pass, or a behind-the-scenes look, at the inner workings of your company. People don’t want to see the same highly polished images your brand uses for adverts, they want to see images that are more relatable and less edited.
- Your Instagram account should strive to highlight your employees and the work they do. Even if your business employs hundreds of people, featuring even just a few faces from behind your brand allows your brand to appear much more transparent with your followers.
- Use apps: Use photo-editing apps to enhance your photos before you post them Instagram. There are lots of photo-editing apps on the market that are super easy to use. Below are a few of the best, along with a short description of what they do:
- Instaframe: Instaframe is a free app that allows you to create really awesome photo collages. There are lots of photo collage apps available, but this one is by far my favorite. Check out below Uber SF’s cool photo college they posted for their Uber ice cream event!
- Ask your users for help: If it’s a goal of your brand’s to get on Instagram’s most popular “Explore” page, and you have enough followers to do so, don’t be afraid to ask in the photo caption section of your next uploaded photo. Ask and often you shall receive!
- Use Instagram video: Instagram videos are the latest way for businesses to engage with fans. Here’s a great example from Ballet Opera de Paris, promoting a new film.
- Welcome a guest Instagrammer: There are lots of “Instagram celebrities” on the platform, meaning Instagram users who have massive following. These people have influence. In a matter of minutes, a photo that an “Instagram celebrity” posts can get thousands of likes and hundreds of comments.
- If you’re a brand, team up with an Instagram celeb and have them take over your account for a day or during a major event. This is one way to introduce your Instagram celeb’s large following to your brand.
- Ask for shoutouts or features: This tip is for all my PR people! Reach out to popular Instagrammers, or “Instagram celebrities,” and ask that they mention your Instagram account or feature your product in a photo of theirs.
- Show love to your followers: One brand that’s a great example for how to show love to your followers is designer Rebecca Minkoff. If you check out their Instagram account, they often share fan-snapped photos that feature their products.
- Take advantage of your Instagram bio: Don’t neglect your Instagram bio! Use this space to feature a call to action, branded hashtags and web links. Or better still, use ShortStack to build the andInstagram campaign that you can easily update without having to change the link in your bio every day.
- Discover new people and brands to follow: If you’re a brand just starting out on the platform and you’re not sure who you should follow, just tap on the magnifying glass that appears in the bottom section of your home screen. Instagram will suggest “Videos you might like” and will show you accounts from other users you might want to check out.