Track your lost Windows Phone
You can track your lost windows phone with the help of windows service Find My Phone but you need to make sure that setting is enabled on their devices.
Turning on the Find My Phone service
- On your phone go to Settings > Find My Phone.
- Check Use push notifications… and Save my phone's location periodically and before the battery runs out to make it easier to find.
- Go to Settings > Location and flip the switch to On.
To track device
- Now, you can use the browser on your computer or another device to find your phone if you misplace it or lose it in any other way.
- Head to the Windows Phone website and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Your Windows Phone device will show up at the top.
- Click Find My Phone to locate your device.
- If you haven't checked Use push notifications… mentioned in step 2, Microsoft will ask you to set up SMS based alerts. If you are in India, you need to scroll down all the way and select "Bharat" written in Devnagri script.
- If you are setting up SMS alerts, enter your phone number, click the check box below and click Done.
- Clicking Find My Phone will locate the device on the map.
- After you've found your phone on the map, you can carry out certain functions, as with the other platforms.
- Ring makes the phone ring, so you can locate it if it is nearby.
- Lock asks you for a new password, and locks the phone, so other people can't use it.
- Erase deletes all data on the phone, but you can't track it after this.