Trick to open ODT File in Microsoft Word. Open Document Text Format most popularly known as .odt file or OpenDocument, is an XML-based file format for spreadsheets, charts, presentations and word processing documents.
Trick to open ODT File in Microsoft Word
- There are many software to open such file and even you can convert such file to any format online, but such service may not be free and need to pay to used.
- Microsoft Office can also read such file but you will need to extent an extension to open the files and if you have updated MS office service pank 2 then you will not need to install the extension.
- It was developed with the aim of providing an open, XML-based file format specification for office applications.
After installing the extension follow the following steps
- Click the Microsoft Office Button Office button image , and then click Open.
- Choose the ODT file that you wish to open in Microsoft word.
- In the File of type list, click OpenDocument Text.
- Click the file you want to open, and then click Open.
Must Read: Set up RSS Feed on Microsoft Outlook
When you open a OpenDocument Text file in Word 2007, it might not have the same formatting as it did in the original application it was created in. This is because of the differences between applications that use the OpenDocument Format.