Use Fast Startup to fix Windows 10 Slow Boot.The most common reason for slow boot is Fast Startup feature. We just need to disable the feature to fix this sluggishness.Open the Start Menu and type “Power Options”.We'll guide you to How To Fix Slow Startup And Reboot In Windows 10.
Select the Power Options when it appears.
- On Power Options panel, select the option “Choose what the power button does”. It is located on the left side of the Window.
- Next, you will see a small blue and yellow shield icon.
- Now click on the text “Change settings that are currently unavailable”. Your PC may ask administrator’s password to proceed.
- Now scroll down to Shut-down settings.
- Un-tick the option “Turn on fast startup”.
- Click Save Changes! That’s it!
- Next time you switch on the PC, you will experience the huge cut in boot time!
- Disable Windows 10 Graphics Drivers to Fix Windows 10 Slow Boot Nvidia and AMD
- Graphics drivers might be the problem if Fast Startup feature tip did not work. The switching between Intel HD Graphics and dedicated card from Nvidia or AMD can provoke slow boot. You just need to disable the dedicated card driver and restart your computer.
Read this also: Shortcut Tricks of Windows 8
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Right-click on the Start Menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Click on Display Adapters.
- Next step is the identification of dedicated graphics card. It can be Nvidia, AMD or ATi.
- Now simply, right-click on it and select “Disable”.
- Your screen may go to blank for instance.
- Shut down your PC and turn it on. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue!
Uninstall Windows 10 Technical preview Dual Boot
Uninstall all the Softwares which are not required. Remove all toolbars installed on your browser. Don’t use any kind of toolbar in the browser. Don’t allow software to start when computer boot. Software like Utorrent starts with the window.
- Visit Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and features/ or Add or Remove.
- Now, select the software and uninstall from your PC.
Repair Windows 10 Boot
If none of the above tips worked, you have a choice to make. You can either reset the Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1. In the case of the reset, you have to lose all files and programs installed on your PC. Make sure to backup all the data files before going for reset option.
Reset option has one drawback! After reset, you will lose the possibility of the downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1. To avoid this situation, prepare Windows 7 or 8.1 system image or restore partition. Otherwise, you will end up being stuck with version 10!
These are the all possible tricks to fix windows 10 slow boot. If you have any other idea to fix windows 10. Then, do comment below and Share this article with your friends.
Hope by reading this blog you have understand that How To Fix Slow Startup And Reboot In Windows 10. Please feel free to Share, Like or comment. Do follow us on Google Plus, Twitter and Linked-in #needtricks to stay updated with Technology world.